A whale with a lot of money to spend has taken a noticeably bullish stance on Wells Fargo.
Looking at options history for Wells Fargo WFC we detected 12 strange trades.
If we consider the specifics of each trade, it is accurate to state that 66% of the investors opened trades with bullish expectations and 33% with bearish.
From the overall spotted trades, 10 are puts, for a total amount of $528,072 and 2, calls, for a total amount of $213,291.
What’s The Price Target?
Taking into account the Volume and Open Interest on these contracts, it appears that whales have been targeting a price range from $37.5 to $50.0 for Wells Fargo over the last 3 months.
Volume & Open Interest Development
Looking at the volume and open interest is a powerful move while trading options. This data can help you track the liquidity and interest for Wells Fargo’s options for a given strike price. Below, we can observe the evolution of the volume and open interest of calls and puts, respectively, for all of Wells Fargo’s whale trades within a strike price range from $37.5 to $50.0 in the last 30 days.
Wells Fargo Option Volume And Open Interest Over Last 30 Days
Biggest Options Spotted:
|Symbol||PUT/CALL||Trade Type||Sentiment||Exp. Date||Strike Price||Total Trade Price||Open Interest||Volume|
Where Is Wells Fargo Standing Right Now?
- With a volume of 3,279,759, the price of WFC is up 0.06% at $42.83.
- RSI indicators hint that the underlying stock may be approaching overbought.
- Next earnings are expected to be released in 4 days.
What The Experts Say On Wells Fargo:
- Morgan Stanley has decided to maintain their Overweight rating on Wells Fargo, which currently sits at a price target of $58.
- Citigroup has decided to maintain their Buy rating on Wells Fargo, which currently sits at a price target of $48.
- Barclays has decided to maintain their Overweight rating on Wells Fargo, which currently sits at a price target of $64.
Options are a riskier asset compared to just trading the stock, but they have higher profit potential. Serious options traders manage this risk by educating themselves daily, scaling in and out of trades, following more than one indicator, and following the markets closely.
If you want to stay updated on the latest options trades for Wells Fargo, Benzinga Pro gives you real-time options trades alerts.